“If you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough!”
Lucky Enough, a vacation home in Southern Shores on North Carolina's Outer Banks
For rent through Southern Shores Realty
The House in Brief
Welcome to the web site for our vacation home! Because our jobs prevent us from spending time here during most of the summer, we're happy to share Lucky Enough with visitors to the Outer Banks who would like to rent it for a week or two.
Again in 2013, U.S. News and World Report Travel rated the Outer Banks as the best family beach and the 5th best beach overall in the United States! The four beaches that edged out the Outer Banks for best overall? Three in Hawaii and one in the Virgin Islands.
We love coming here, and we think you will too!
- The Owners
“Lucky Enough” is located on a half acre lot on a very private cul-de-sac. It is nestled into the trees for privacy, but is only a 300 yard walk from the beach—about half that as the seagull flies. When you're not at the beach, play in the pool, luxuriate in the hot tub, grill or barbecue with the gas grill or charcoal grill, or just sit out on one of the two decks. There's shade by mid-morning on one deck and full sun throughout the day on the other. And the stars are beautiful at night from the top deck.
On the top level:
- The great room, with a 42" flat screen TV with HD cable and Blu-Ray player, a writing/computer desk with phone/intercom, a large ceiling fan, the dining room table with eight places, and a bookcase full of puzzles, games, and books for all ages.
- The kitchen, with lots of cabinets and counter space, a small pantry, all the appliances, and phone/intercom.
- The half bath.
- A screened-in porch.
On the middle level:
- Master Bedroom #1, with a queen bed, walk-in closet, 32" flat screen TV with HD cable and Blu-Ray player, ceiling fan, and writing/computer desk with phone/intercom. The attached full bathroom has a whirlpool tub/shower.
- Master Bedroom #2, with a queen bed, 42" flat screen TV with HD cable and Blu-Ray player, ceiling fan, and phone/intercom. The attached full bath has a shower.
- Bedroom #3, with a queen bed and ceiling fan. A shared bathroom with tub/shower is down the hall.
- Bedroom #4, the children's bedroom, with a pyramid bunk bed set (twin bed upper, full bed lower), a 24" flat screen TV with HD cable, and a DVD player. This bedroom shares the same hall bathroom.
- The washer/dryer closet with full size washer and dryer.
On the bottom level
- The entry hall, with a bench, display table, and phone/intercom.
Throughout the House
- Wireless internet access, 30 Mbps down and 4 Mbps up (but because it's cable, download speeds degrade during periods of high neighborhood usage. Download speeds normally range between 19-26 Mbps here). Wired internet access is available in Master Bedroom #1.
- The pool and hot tub,
- The pool/beach storage room,
- A picnic table under the trees,
- A basketball goal,
- A horseshoe court,
- A gas grill and a charcoal (park-style) grill,
- A fish cleaning table with running water,
- An enclosed outdoor shower with hot and cold running water,
- Parking under the house for 2-3 vehicles.